The lawyers at Markovits, Stock & DeMarco have successfully litigated a wide range of antitrust matters, including monopolization, price-fixing, Robinson-Patman and other illegal restraints of trade.
Bill Markovits heads the antitrust practice at Markovits, Stock & DeMarco. His antitrust experience began over thirty years ago, when he started as a trial attorney with the Antitrust Division of the United States Department of Justice. Since leaving the government for private practice, he has continued to be involved in significant antitrust cases throughout the years, including the ChoiceCare litigation in the Southern District of Ohio, which resulted in a jury verdict of over $100 million. In the national Microsoft MDL, Bill was chosen among his peer plaintiff attorneys to take the deposition of Bill Gates. Bill taught antitrust law for two years at the University of Cincinnati School of law, and has been a presenter at numerous antitrust symposia, including a keynote presentation at the National Health Care Antitrust conference, and more recently a presentation at the Great Lakes Antitrust Institute. Bill is currently and has in the past been a designated “Best Lawyer in America” in the fields of antitrust and commercial litigation.
The breadth and depth of our antitrust experience is certainly unique among boutique law firms.
- Williams v. Duke Energy, Case No.: 1:08-CV-00046 (S.D. Ohio). Representing class of energy consumers against energy provider in complex antitrust and RICO class action.
- Williams v. Duke Energy International, Inc., 681 F.3d 788 (6th Cir. 2012): In a case brought as a class action by a utility’s ratepayers for selective payment of illegal rebates to certain ratepayers, the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit reversed a district court’s dismissal of the excluded ratepayers’ claims that the utility violated the RICO statute, the Robinson-Patman Act, and the state corrupt practices act.
- In Re Microsoft Corporation Antitrust Litigation (District of Maryland) (Co-Chair)
- In Re Commercial Explosives Antitrust Litigation (Multi-District Litigation)
- In Re Vitamins Antitrust Litigation, Procter & Gamble Company, et al. v. BASF Aktiengesellschaft, et al.(District of Columbia)
- Kentucky Speedway LLC v. NASCAR, et al. (Eastern District of Kentucky)
- Hamilton County Board of Commissioners v. National Football League, et al. (Southern District of Ohio)
- State of Ohio, Milk Antitrust Litigation (Co-Lead)
- In Re Choice Care Litigation (Southern District of Ohio)
- Forsyth v. Humana, Inc. (District of Nevada)