Did You Receive A Data Breach Notice from CaptureRx?
Markovits, Stock & DeMarco, a law firm experienced in data breach class action cases, is investigating claims on behalf of victims of a data breach involving sensitive patient data entrusted to CaptureRx, a San Antonio-based provider of 340B administrative services to health providers, by its healthcare provider clients.
CaptureRx detected a data security breach on February 19, 2021. The ensuing investigation into the scope of the data breach confirmed that threat actors “accessed and acquired files containing sensitive data on February 6, 2021.”[i] It has been reported that CaptureRx is working with its healthcare provider clients to notify all individuals affected in the data breach. On May 5, 2021, CaptureRx reported to the United States Department of Health & Human Services that at least 1,656,569 individuals are affected by the breach. [ii]
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN THE CAPTURERX BREACH?
It is reported that the data breach permitted the threat actors to access CaptureRx’s healthcare clients’ patents’ information including “names, dates of birth, prescription information and, for a limited number of patients, medical records numbers.” See Footnote 1. Breach victims include:
- The Mohawk Valley Health System affiliate, Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare, NY – 17,655 patients.
- Gifford Health Care, VT – 6,777 patients.
- Thrifty Drug Stores (Thrifty White) – 3,958 patients.
- Brownsville Community Health Center, TX – 4,200+ patients
- UPMC Cole, PA – 7,376 patients
- Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, NY – 1,745 patients
- Ascension St. Joseph Hospital, MI – 5,807 patients
- Ascension Standish Hospital, MI – 1,705 patients
- Bayhealth, DE – unknown
- Walmart – Unknown. Id.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I RECEIVED NOTIFICATION OF THE BREACH?
If you would like to have a free, confidential consultation with an attorney to learn more about your rights and potential legal remedies, please contact Markovits, Stock & DeMarco attorney Terry Coates at (513) 651-3700, email us at [email protected], or submit a Case Evaluation request through the form below.