On December 28, 2021, Bako Diagnostics (“BakoDx”) experienced a data breach. Markovits, Stock & DeMarco, a law firm experienced in data breach cases, is investigating claims on behalf of victims of a data breach involving data exposed by Bako Diagnostics including its patients’ sensitive personal identifiable information. Bako Diagnostics is located at 6240 Shiloh Road, Alpharetta, GA 30005. If you received a Notice of Data Breach letter from Bako Diagnostics and would like to understand your legal rights, please contact us immediately.
According to Bako Diagnostics’s website, the data breach occurred between December 21 and 28, 2021. The notice of data breach notes “that certain personal information may have been accessed and removed from its computer network as a result of potential unauthorized activity.”
WHAT INFORMATION WAS EXPOSED IN THE DATA BREACH?
Bako Diagnostics stated that the following private information was included in the data breach,
- information to identify and contact you, such as full name, date of birth, address, telephone number, and email address;
- Social Security number, driver’s license number, and/or state ID number;
- health insurance information, such as name of insurer, plan and/or group number, and member number;
- medical information, such as Medical Record Number, dates of service, provider and facility name, and specimen or test information; and
- billing and claims information, including financial account information.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I RECEIVED NOTIFICATION OF THE BAKO DIAGNOSTICS DATA BREACH?
If you would like to have a free, confidential consultation with an attorney to learn more about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to the Bako Diagnostics Data Breach, please contact Markovits, Stock & DeMarco attorney Terry Coates at (513) 651-3700, email us at [email protected], or submit a Case Evaluation request through the form below.