The Experience, Creativity And Muscle To Make The Right Moves In Commercial Litigation
Modern complex commercial litigation invariably presents challenges. And it takes experience, intense study, hard work and the ability to stay more than a step ahead to surmount them.
By honing and harnessing those skills, our attorneys have become experts in the art of creating individualized and unique strategies for complex case management – all with the goal of reducing litigation risks and enhancing the probability of successful outcomes.
And that should come as no surprise. The team at Markovits, Stock & DeMarco, LLC, has earned its reputation as being among the best litigation groups in America. Our litigation team is well-seasoned and includes a National Trial Attorney of the Year recipient, a recipient of the Best Lawyers in America designation, a multi-time nominee to the Ohio Super Lawyers list, as well as an OSBA certified appellate specialist. Collectively, we’re a formidable and collaborative team whose substantive experience in legal, strategic and practical issues ensures excellent client service and representation.
We provide businesses of all sizes innovation and expertise that helps them achieve the same or better results they’d get from much larger – and much less nimble – national firms.
- Arthur Anderson LLP v. Carlisle, 556 U.S. 624, 129 S.Ct. 1896 (2009): In a case involving allegations of a fraudulent tax shelter and accounting and legal malpractice, the Supreme Court of the United States resolved the issue of the rights of nonparties to arbitration clauses to enforce them against parties, which had divided the circuits.
- Procter & Gamble Co. v. Haugen, 427 F.3d 727 (10th Cir. 2005): The United States Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit reversed the district court’s dismissal of Procter & Gamble’s Lanham Act claims, paving the way for a $19.25 million jury verdict in its favor.
- Procter & Gamble v. Amway Litigation, United States District Court, Southern District of Texas, at Houston; United States District Court, District of Utah, at Salt Lake City.
- United States ex rel. Brooks v. Pineville Hospital, United States District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky.
- Procter & Gamble v. Bankers’ Trust Litigation, United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio.
- United States ex rel. Watt v. Fluor Daniel, United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio.
- Forsyth v. Humana, United States District Court, District of Nevada.
- In re Choice Care Litigation, United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, Western Division.