Unparalleled Depth Of Experience In Class Action Suits
Class actions and multidistrict litigation matters have their own unique procedures, rules and rhythms that require many cases and many years to master. Class action lawsuits are among the most complex suits ever filed. And if a firm can’t show you a history of success, you should show them the door.
At Markovits, Stock & DeMarco, LLC, we’ve spent decades successfully prosecuting and/or defending such lawsuits and representing classes of businesses, pension funds and individuals in connection with bet-the-company class action/MDL lawsuits. We can help you understand class action lawsuits and the aggregation of numerous torts.
Securities fraud. Antitrust. Product defects. RICO. Our class action/MDL team has the skills and experience to build the strategies that position the case to your advantage.
An Ohio Law Firm With A National Reach
Markovits, Stock & DeMarco, LLC, has earned a reputation as a premier litigation firm. Located in Cincinnati, we handle cases throughout Ohio as well as the United States. Our attorneys are licensed to practice in state court as well as the federal district courts of Ohio. We frequently serve as local counsel to other law firms regarding mass tort litigation.
Our Successes At A Glance
- In re Fannie Mae Securities Litigation, U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, Consolidated Civil Action No. 04-cv-01639. The Ohio attorney general appointed Markovits, Stock & DeMarco, LLC, to serve as lead counsel for lead plaintiffs Ohio Public Employees Retirement System and State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio and the class in this securities fraud class action against Fannie Mae, three former senior officers of Fannie Mae and KMPG (Fannie’s former auditor). MSD settled this case for $153 million.
- Ohio Public Employees Retirement System v. Freddie Mac, et al., Case No. 4:08CV0160, U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio. The Ohio attorney general appointed Markovits, Stock & DeMarco, LLC, to serve as co-lead counsel for lead plaintiff Ohio Public Employees Retirement System in this securities class action. This case arises out of defendants’ misrepresentations and reckless conduct during the class period concerning Freddie Mac’s subprime investments. Without public disclosure, defendants are alleged to have repeatedly violated Freddie Mac’s own underwriting guidelines and had virtually no responsible credit management or fraud detection in loans, leading to billions of dollars of losses for the company and the appointment of a conservator for Freddie Mac. MSD obtained a reversal of a motion to dismiss at the Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit and discovery is now being conducted.
- In re Choice Care Litigation, United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, Western Division. Bill Markovits of MSD served as one of the lead trial attorneys for a class of Ohio physicians in a securities fraud, antitrust and RICO class action litigation. Through Markovits’ efforts, a jury awarded his clients over $100 million.
- In re Toyota Motor Corp. Unintended Acceleration Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation, United States District Court, Central District of California.
- In re Oil Spill by the Oil Rig “Deepwater Horizon” in the Gulf of Mexico, on April 20, 2010, United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana.
- In re Silicone Gel Breast Implant Litigation, United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama, MDL #926.
- In re Rezulin (Diabetes Drug) Products Liability Litigation, United States District Court, Southern District of New York.
- In re Meridia (Diet Drug) Products Liability Litigation, United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio.
- In re Copley Pharmaceuticals, Inc., “Albuterol” Products Liability Litigation, MDL #1013, United States District Court, District of Wyoming.
- In re Zyprexa Products Liability Litigation, MDL 1596, United States District Court, Eastern District of New York.
Speak To Our Attorneys About Class Action Lawsuits
We are here to explain your options and help you make resolve your legal problem. Contact our firm today to schedule your initial consultation with an experienced lawyer. To reach us, call our toll-free number at 855-843-5442 or send us an email.