Markovits, Stock & DeMarco, a law firm experienced in data breach cases, is investigating claims on behalf of victims of a data breach involving data entrusted to Cardiovascular Associates.
Cardiovascular Associates is a medical group practice located in Birmingham, Alabama, that specializes in heart care. If you received a notice of data breach letter from Cardiovascular Associates, please contact us as soon as possible to understand your legal rights in response to the data breach.
Cardiovascular Associates detected a cyberattack on its computer systems on December 5, 2022. The forensic investigation determined from November 28, 2022, through December 5, 2022, certain files were exposed that contained sensitive private information.
Cardiovascular Associates has disclosed the breach involves confidential and personal information, including:
- Demographic information to identify and contact the patient, such as full name, date of birth, and address;
- Social Security numbers;
- Health insurance information, such as name of insurer/government payor and member ID, policy and/or group number;
- Medical and treatment information, such as medical record number, dates of service, provider and facility names, other visit, procedure and diagnosis information, and possibly assessments, tests and imaging;
- Billing and claims information, such as account and/or claim status, billing and diagnostic codes, and payor information;
- Passport and driver’s license numbers;
- Credit and debit card information; and
- Financial account information.
Cardiovascular Associates did not report the data breach to the authorities and the affected parties until February 3, 2023.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I RECEIVED NOTIFICATION OF THE CARDIOVASCULAR ASSOCIATES DATA BREACH?
If you would like to have a free, confidential consultation with an attorney to learn more about your rights and potential legal remedies in responding to the Cardiovascular Associates data breach, please contact Markovits, Stock & DeMarco attorney Terry Coates at (513) 651-3700, email us at [email protected], or submit a Case Evaluation request through the form below.